Shields Legal Group is an innovative law firm and strategic advisor to many Transportation and Logistics companies. The following article highlights a few of the many engagements we have completed in this space, as well as our foundational philosophies of representation.
Shields Legal Group is composed of experienced business lawyers who understand complex deals and the business motivation driving their client’s priorities. We match well with companies that are in a revenue growth trend (whether organically or through acquisition).
SLG’s Outside General Counsel services have provided mid-range companies with the legal and strategic advice they need to operate their current business or expand their operations. Some examples are described below.
Sample Transportation/Logistics Engagements
Outside General Counsel to a $500mm revenue 3PL logistics and supply chain company. The representation included:
- Negotiation of carrier contracts and supply chain cloud-based technology software platform, including privacy, code ownership and data vault, licensing and pricing issues;
- Handled issues related to cargo timing, delivery and risk management; and
- Insurance terms and underwriting regarding cargo and shipper credit issues.
Negotiation on behalf of lenders and borrowers, hard asset and A/R working capital finance facilities. These negotiations typically include complex affirmative and negative loan covenants, customer underwriting requirements, insurance/risk management provisions, and payment issues.
Outside General Counsel for a Texas-based international warehouse and pharmacy automation systems manufacturer. The representation included:
- Negotiated the equipment and systems sales agreements with domestic and international manufacturing companies, including pharmaceutical companies;
- Reseller agreements were also negotiated with international component resellers; and
- Litigated and resolved contract disputes over product supply agreements.
If you are in the transportation or logistics space and need the services of experienced business lawyers who understand your company, look to Shields Legal Group for the answers. Our Outside General Counsel services can be tailored to fit your needs, so your business goals are met. Please visit ShieldsLegal.com for more information.
Please note: This article is for general information purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. You should not act on information received from this article without first seeking advice from your legal counsel.